A true advance in magnetic drilling technology or broach cutter technology: The new clamping system BDS MobilCLAMP can be used to convert a magnetic drilling machine into a pillar drill machine.
Extends applications the magnetic drilling machine can handle. Ideal for parts that previously could only be drilled in the workshop – they can now be machined on site. MobilCLAMP makes it possible to drill, countersink, ream or tap small parts, since these can be mounted into the quick clamping device.
With the clamping of a magnetic drilling machine onto the surface of the vice and the susequent activation of the magnet, you will have a versatile, stationary drilling machine in next to no time. The magnetic drilling machine becomes a multi-purpose machine: wether large or small applications, flat or high, with the twist drill or the reamer, everything is possible. A stable support, designed for the MobilCLAMP clamping device, ensures the correct working height and a comfortable and reliable operation.
General Safety Instructions for Magnetic Drilling Machines and MobilCLAMP
1. Do not operate the magnetic drilling machine or broach cutter machine without carrying out a preliminary inspection.
2. Check that the speed is correct for the planned operation, and checlk the maget is clamped perfectly on the MobilCLAMP. If the machine is equipped with magnet indicator check if the indicator glows green.
3. Check the broach cutter is the correct size and type, is correctly fitted and tightened in the chuck.
4. Make sure that the swivel clamps are all locked before any drilling is attempted.
5. Do not attempt to carry out any drilling operation on material that has not been secured to the drill table or vise of the MobilCLAMP.
6. Remove any tools (chuck key, spanners etc), that may have been used in setting up operations and put them away in their correct stowage positions.
7. Try to arrange the drilling operation so that the broach cutter tips does not come in contact with the MobilCLAMP vise.
8. Always allow the magnetic drill to stop before removing drillings or swarf from around the job or the table. We recommend to use BDS PowerCLEANER swarf cleaning tool.
9. NEVER remove ‘ flying’ swarf strands from the drill whilst it is turning.
10. It is a good precaution to wear eye protection when drilling, especially using small drills, or very hard material that produces small chips.
11. It is not a good idea to wear loose gloves when operating a magnetic drilling machine.
12. After the job is completed, remove all tools and accessories from the machine, check that drill bits are still sharp and re-use able.
13. Clean the magnetic drilling machine or broach cutter machine down thoroughly, including removing coolant or cutting compounds from the drill table.
14. Lightly coat all metal surfaces with a light oil coating.
15. Disconnect the magnetic drilling machine or broach cutter machine from the supply. Secure the cable/plug clear of the floor.